Foodporn Friday: Salted Caramel Walnut Slice
This is a family favourite that always seems to get eaten before I can get a photograph. This time I snuck a slice away before anyone caught sight of it (meaning of course I could also eat it in peace and quiet later too). What’s not to love about buttery shortbread layered with salted caramel!
Salted Caramel Walnut Slice
|250 g||Butter, softened|
|50 g||Icing sugar|
|1 can||Caramel flavoured sweetened condensed milk|
|50 g||Walnuts, chopped|
- Heat oven to 170C and line a 20×30 slice tin with nonstick baking paper.
- cream butter and sugar, add cornflour, icing sugar and flour. Mix together until it forms a ball.
- Divide the mixture in half, use one half to press it into the tin and place the other half in the fridge.
- Bake for 20 minutes until just starting to colour. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Mix salt into the caramel condensed milk and spread evenly over the cooled base. Sprinkle over the walnuts. Dice up the remaining dough and sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes. When cool, slice into squares and store in a biscuit tin.