Food Bloggers Unplugged
I’ve grabbed this from Bread for the Boys, it looked like a fun questionnaire for a foodie:
1. What, or who inspired you to start a blog?
No specific inspiration. The blog started as a way of clawing back some “me” time. A space that wasnt taken up by work or motherhood 🙂
2. Who is your foodie inspiration?
There are so many – I get most of the recipes I try from Pinterest but specific favourite inspirational people/blogs are Smitten Kitchen, Dash & Bella, The Pioneer Woman Cooks, and The Girl Who Ate Everything.
3. Your greasiest, batter – splattered food/drink book is?
I keep a stack of printed out recipes on top of a cupboard in my kitchen that really should be filed, they’re looking a lot worse for wear. My most used books are Alastair Hendy’s Home Cook and Donna Hay’s Modern Classics #2
4. Tell us all about the best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it, what was it?
The best things I’ve eaten in other countries have been the sütlaç in Turkey (and also the lentil soup that I’ve never been able to reproduce), and the Tom Yum soup in Thailand.
6. What is the one kitchen gadget you would ask Santa for this year (money no object of course)?
Oooh, I’d love a mixer. No kitchen space for it, but I’d still love one. And a set of really good knives.
7. Who taught you how to cook?
8. I’m coming to you for dinner what’s your signature dish?
A chicken casserole or cannelloni followed with a peanutbutter toblerone cheesecake.
9. What is your guilty food pleasure?
So many things… Havarti cheese on crackers, Kapiti lemongrass & ginger icecream, Salted caramel, pasta with butter & parmesan, basil pesto
10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?
I can’t boil an egg. It takes at least 3 dud eggs before I finally get one that isn’t runny but also isn’t so overdone that its turned grey.
Finally…tag 5 other food bloggers with these questions…like a hot baked potato…pass it on!
Not food bloggers as such, but bloggers who love food 🙂