A gift for new moms
If you were to go back to right before you had your first child, what would you tell yourself?
I think my list would look something like this:
1. It all goes so fast, enjoy it! In fact I am sure I was told this by my other mum friends… and I didn’t listen. I’m listening this time round.
2. Those late nights pacing the hallways with your baby are a blessing.
3. Throw the parenting books away, your baby hasn’t read them.
4. Trust yourself.
5. Look after yourself, you cant be there for your family if you are exhausted, hungry, thirsty etc. Happy Mum = Happy Family
6. It’s ok to need some time alone.
7. The housework can wait.
8. Meet other mums! You’ll need a support system.
9. Let your partner parent his way (unless it means watching you parent from the safety of the couch with a beer).
10. Only you know whats best for your baby, only listen to the advice that sounds like it would work for you and your baby.