Thinking of Christchurch
As we watch whats happening in the aftermath of yesterday’s earthquake in Christchurch I’ve been humbled to see the outpouring of love and support for those in the affected areas.
New Zealanders have been opening up their homes to people who need places to stay and NZ Search and Rescue teams have been working through the night to find people trapped in the rubble. But I’ve been surprised to hear of the International support that’s been given. Australia has sent two very large search and rescue teams to assist – THANK YOU NSW!!! And this morning on the radio the Prime Minister said that search and rescue teams are coming in from as far afield as Singapore and Taiwan.
Seeing people searching for their family-members in that chaos has a way of putting all your problems into perspective 😦
Tonight I’ll be holding my precious family just a little bit closer and hoping that those in Christchurch get out of this ok.
Kia kaha Christchurch!
If you are looking for someone in Christchurch or have info about someone in Christchurch please use the Google Person Finder
- New Zealand Ministry of Civil Defence & Emergency Management
- Ushahidi Christchurch instance for incident reporting
- Canterbury Earthquake site managed by Environment Canterbury
- Realtime hashtags related to the earthquake: #eqnz, #nzearthquake, #chch, #christchurchquake
- Twitter: Tweets within 50 miles of Christchurch
- Christchurch Quake Map
- Donations to the New Zealand Red Cross
- Australian government helpline:
- From New Zealand: +61 2 6261 3305
- From Australia: 1300 555 135